Droll Yankee DYBTG Big Top Feeder Green
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
|Delivery time:||Order soon to avoid FOMO! Same day to next day pick up, or shipping by Regular Canada Post (times may vary)|
This feeder is one of local naturalist Terry Sprague's favorite feeders!
The Big Top® Bird Feeder is comprised of a squirrel-proof dome and a large seed bowl. The Big Top's 15 in. dome offers weather protection for feeding birds, as well as the option to only allow access to birds up to a certain size to feed.
- Generous 15 in. wide dome protects seed from squirrels, large birds and bad weather
- Dome is height-adjustable to exclude or allow large birds to feed
- Seed bowl holds 3 lb. of seed and features eight feeding ports below to accommodate clinging birds
- UV-stabilized polycarbonate won't yellow with age
- Adjustable seed ports to manage seed flow
- Perfect for arthritic fingers
- Hangs from the brass rod
Placement to deter squirrels: The key to keeping a feeder successfully squirrel-proofed is the placement. Place a bird feeder 4 feet from the ground and 8 feet (10+ft is better - we've seen a squirrel jump exactly 10 feet from solid place to solid place!) from anything a squirrel can jump from. When hanging from a pole by a hook, it is recommended that the hook have at least a 16” distance from the pole. Placing a baffle on the pole or having a caged feeder will also help to ensure squirrel-proof success.
Cleaning: Please! For the sake of the birds, keep your feeder clean! Dirty feeders spread disease. We recommend disinfecting your bird feeders once a month in winter and more often in hot and humid weather. Soak all parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Use a bird feeder brush to brush away grime inside the tube. Then remove any hardware and clean with a solution of mild soap and water, rinsing thoroughly. Refill when completely dry.